Monday, July 30, 2012

New Beginnings

This is the first post of my teacher blog!  I have been an avid reader of many wonderful blogs over the years, but I never had the guts to put myself out there.  I hope to share some things that others might find helpful along the way.  One thing I know for sure, teachers help teachers succeed.  I surely couldn't have made it through this journey without my colleagues.  I enjoy the creative exchange of ideas and couldn't stand not to jump in and join everyone!  Here's to many posts to come!

A little about me...
I am a second grade teacher in the DFW area.  This will be my 5th year teaching 2nd, with 2 years of 3rd grade before that, and a semester of kinder to start off my career.  I absolutely love 2nd graders!  They are becoming independent learners, yet aren't too cool for school!  

I have 3 daughters, one starting high school this year (yikes!) and the other 2 in middle school.  My husband and I have been happily married for 18 years.   I love to cheer on the Texas Rangers and go to games as often as possible.  My husband and I love to go to the movies whenever we can squeeze in a date night around the girls' activities.  I am officially addicted to Pinterest!

Hoping for a fun school year that will start in just a few weeks!!
Tamberly

0 comments:

Post a Comment