Monday, August 6, 2012

Made it Monday

 

This will be my first contribution to Made it Monday, and though my offering isn't as spectacular as others, it crosses off one of my "must-do" things before school starts.  I want to have a little treat for my new students when they come to Meet the Teacher, but I refuse to give them candy.  It's already a time when they are super hyped-up and excited, no need to make it worse, right?  So, I came up with the idea of giving them each a little bag of popcorn and thanking them for "popping in"!

Here's the final product, with my initial W on the label. (Don't worry, I'll fill it with fresh popcorn the day of Meet the Teacher!)







It's a really inexpensive treat that they will hopefully enjoy!  I don't have a TPT store (gasp!), yet, so email me if you want a copy of the file.  I'm happy to share!

Have a great Monday!

Tamberly


7 comments:

amy said...

Tamberly,
This idea is SPECTACULAR! At least I think so. :) I am going to have to use it as well. Thank you so much for sharing.
Welcome to blog land!
Amy
Where Seconds Count

Second Grade Chatter said...

I love this idea!! I am new to blogging as well. I love finding other 2nd grade teachers to team up with!! I am your newest follower and I would love for you to check out my blog!

Brandi said...

I gave out popcorn last year at Open House and the kids thought it was the greatest thing ever!

Brandi
Success in Second Grade
Don’t forget to check out My Summer in Pictures Linky Party

Anne Tussing said...

Super cute! I'm glad that you're going to use my job ribbon....although I got it from Pinterest:) My job chart was taking up too much room too!

Unknown said...

So glad you found my blog! I'm now following you, too! Your Meet the Teacher treat is too cute!

Cyndi
Lacy's Letters

A Teacher Without a Class said...

I just barely opened my TPT store--can't believe it took me so long. I love your treat bags. Very cute!

Unknown said...

You are not the only one who doesn't have a TPT store...I can barely Blog. lol

Love the popcorn bags.

Debbie

Post a Comment